Tuesday 18 June 2013

A Trip to the Time Traveller's Reunion-Part Two

A Trip to the Time Traveller's Reunion-Part Two


As promised, here’s the next thrilling installment of my steampunk adventures at the Time Traveller’s Reunion.


My first stop upon arrival was the vendor building, located in Sherbrooke Village’s Temperance Hall, to set up my book table for Mechanized Masterpieces. That room fairly burst with a wonderful eclectic mix of artisans and merchants with an astounding spectacle of Victorian style clothing, steampunk jewelry, leather goods, crafts and contraptions.
A Steampunk Wii Remote






Exhibits ranged from The Monkey’s Paw Curio Shop, with its delightful array of trinkets and gewgaws, to The Graces’ Attar Natural Perfumery (where I bought some Airship Pirate Soap), the Tandy Leather Factory, and the Steampunk Montreal table with an amazing presentation of steamed-up gadgets, just to name a few.


Most of my Saturday was spent in the vendor room, though I did venture out for my Q and A in the afternoon, where I sat in the Village Courthouse and answered questions from my eager public.

In the early hours of the evening, everyone sauntered down to the What Cheer Tea Room for a delicious supper (and I highly recommend their desserts, so tasty). To end Saturday evening there was an entertaining cabaret, featuring the talented band, Eli August and The Abandoned Buildings and a showing of short movies from the Silent Film Era.

So ends today's installment of my steampunk adventures. Come back tomorrow for more on the workshops and Sherbrooke Village.



No comments:

Subscribe Now:

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monthly Pageviews