Sunday 6 March 2016

#‎B2BCYCON Interview With Author Marco Marek


I have another Brain to Books Cyber Convention author feature. Remember, this great event for authors and readers alike is coming to Goodreads this April, on the 8th, 9th and 10th.

Be sure to check out all the details and pertinent links for the event here:

Now on with the main event, our Brain to Books author feature.

Today I have an interview with fantasy author Marco Marek. 




 An Interview With Author Marco Marek




Why don’t you begin by sharing a little about yourself.

I'm Marco Marek, I’m Italian, always liked fantastic stories and I always had a fervid imagination. I worked for a car factory for years and emigrated in England for work, learning English, and staying for two years. On returning to Italy, I tried writing a sci-fi novel but I stopped when I was in my early twenties. I like to paint, creating covers and modified photos with Photoshop (the cover of my book is my creation), music, sports, photography, fast cars especially American muscle cars.


Could you tell us a bit about your latest book?

My latest book is Angels are with me, but it’s just a short story; my novel is Hyperearth. It's a fantasy story of two teenage girls that discover a portal in a castle that brings them to an another dimension called Hyperearth. There they make new friendships, but they also meet a powerful and dangerous sorcerer to fight with the local population.


How long have you been writing, and how many books have you published to date?

It’s six years that I’ve been writing, but I’ve had ideas since I was in my twenties; I have two books in English and two in Italian


Why did you decide to write in the fantasy genre?

I like to write fantasy because for me is more simple, and I can create every world I can, just thinking a little and I have already one idea ready.


Why did you write this book? What was your inspiration?

As I wrote before, I like fantasy stories so I wanted to create one to share with readers. I went to visit a castle in Slovakia and it was of medieval era so I thought that in that castle could be kept the portal that my characters later find.


What did you hope to accomplish by publishing your book?

Well the dream of every author is that the book will be successful, all will buy it and they are happy.


Can you tell us about your writing process? Where do your ideas originate? Do you have a certain writing routine?

For writing, I must have some ready ideas and after I can start. I like to watch a lot of movies, and in every movie there are little sparks that light my ideas. It also depends on my mood, sometimes I write every day, sometimes one month passes without writing a single word; if my mind is empty of ideas or I’m stuck in a paragraph, I have to wait for inspiration.


Do you have a favourite author, or writing inspiration?

Well my favourites are Stephen King, J. K. Rowling, and JRR Tolkien.


What advice would you give beginning writers?

The most important is not to give up; if someone has a story, try to put it on paper. Everyone has something to express, who knows if it will be a best seller.


Are you working on another book?

Yes, I just finished writing a new book I’m editing myself before giving to a professional editor. It is a thriller spy story about a man that was wrongly segregated in a psychiatric hospital. When he gets out, he finds he is framed by spies that want a formula for a new medicine that has been hidden in his baggage.


What’s your next project? Any upcoming book secrets you care to reveal?

My next project is to write book two of Hyperearth; I have already some ideas and when I’m more free I will start to write.



You can find out more about Marco and his books here:







I'd like to thank Marco Marek for stopping by today, and be sure to check out his virtual booth at the convention this April.


No comments:

Subscribe Now:

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monthly Pageviews