Wednesday 27 July 2016

Drabble Wednesday: Bad Guys

Today’s Drabble Wednesday comes via inspiration from the Suicide Squad, and gives voice to the villains...





Not So Bad

You may have heard some horrible things about me on the news.
About how I’m a insane sociopath. How many people I’ve killed. Of the threat I pose.
All true. But hey, that’s not the real me. Well, mostly not.
I have other qualities. I love kittens and stuff. Love walks on the beach, sunsets. You know, the clichés.
The thing is, I’m more misunderstood than evil. Simply a reflection of today’s society. A walking, talking narcissistic image of humanity.
Don’t be afraid because I have my finger on the button.
Really, what’s a little fiery world apocalypse between friends?

~*~



Crosshairs

One human being bottled into a narrow viewpoint, lined up in the scope. The rest of the world blotted out. Just one focus. One goal.
Breathe in, breathe out.
Watching, waiting, one tiny helpless life caught in the crosshairs. Doesn’t know what’s coming. Never will. That’s power. That’s control.
Breathe in, breathe out.
Every hope, every dream, down to this moment. Immovable, suspended, transcendent infinity. Perched on the precipice of damnation.
Breathe in, breathe out.
Perfect shot, center mass. Steady hands. Squeeze the trigger, slowly.
Breathe in, breathe out.
Bang.
She’s dead.
Pack up and go home. With a smile.

~*~




Breaking Point

I got tired of it, you know.
All the rules.
Be a good girl. Be a lady. Don’t be aggressive. Don’t be such a bitch.
The good old sexist double standard.
Who makes up all this crap?
The boys don’t play by those rules.
Why should we?
Why should we shut our mouths? Why should we dress the way they tell us to?
They have no right.
Do this, do that. Behave.
No way.
I say, shut up.
‘Cause, I stopped playing by your rules.
I hit my breaking point.
And I broke some skulls.
And guess what?
You’re next.



© A. F. Stewart 2016 All Rights Reserved




No comments:

Subscribe Now:

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Monthly Pageviews